Wednesday, October 26, 2011

NerdTime

You know that stage in a relationship where you just can't get enough of each other? 

When you're apart you just want to be with him. 

When you go to sleep you want him there.

When you wake up you want him there.

When his sister comes to visit you drink your body weight in wine, profess your undying love for him to her, and then force him to sing "Endless Love" with you.

(No?  That last one was just me?  Whatevs, people.)

Well, fortunately, there's an app for that.  It's called FaceTime. And anyone with a Mac, iPad or iPhone can use it to video chat.  So sometimes on the three nights per week we don't spend together, The Boy and I FaceTime.

It's taken me awhile to get the hang of it.  And by that I mean it's taken me awhile to figure out how/where to set up my iPad so that I look as slim and attractive as possible.  For those of you facing this dilemma, here's a tip:  Lie on your stomach with your head turned towards the camera. Seriously, my eyebrows look exquisite from this angle.

Ideally, we have a lot to say in these video chats.  Sometimes we catch up on our day and mock corporate America.  Sometimes we discuss super-important current events like the Project Runway finale (although that's probably more just me talking and him nodding and trying to look interested while enjoying my eyebrows).  And sometimes, like all couples, we basically have nothing to say and yet keep talking anyway.

Last Wednesday was one of those times...and so with this amazing technology at our fingertips, here is what our conversation ended up looking like:


Why yes, that is in fact my cat Cali and his dog Gus.

Clearly Cali hasn't figured out how to play up her eyebrows.  And Gus is literally phoning it in.

Amateurs.

1 comment: